VS450 VAG Can Code Reader OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner for VW/Audi
How to Diagnose Car Problems with an OBD2:
- Start the ignition and watch the components on the dashboard console. The light for "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" should flash briefly. This indicates that the OBD2 is present and ready to diagnose problems that may exist.
- Check the dashboard console as you drive. If there are any problems, the "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" light will come on and stay on. The OBD2 will alert you to problems ranging from a loose or missing gas cap to an engine misfire.
- Look for blinking lights on your dashboard console. Blinking lights indicate that there is a serious problem occurring with the engine of the vehicle. It will be safer to limit your driving until this problem has been resolved.
- Use a personal OBD2 code reader to scan for problems (see Resources below). Attach the reader to your car´s 16-pin port, which is usually located under the steering wheel. The reader will display the problem codes generated by your car´s computer, as well as the definition of the codes.
- Take your car to an auto technician if you are unable to discover the source of the problem on your own. The auto technician will use a professional OBD2 reader for a more detailed scan of your car. The mechanic will use the codes as a starting point in determining the true cause of the problem.
- Take note if the light on the console goes out before you can take the car in for service. This indicates that the problem has been resolved.
- Determine if your car is compatible with the OBD-II scanner.
- Identify the scanner´s code-reading limitations. If you want a basic scanner, you´ll be limited to diagnosing simple engine problems. Advanced scanners diagnose a broad spectrum of problems.
- Decide if you want an OBD-II scanner that displays a description of the code or one that requires you to look up the code in a book. If you´re willing to look up the code, the scanner will be less expensive.
- Examine the length of the cord. Some cords are too short to reach from the car cabin to the engine area. Long cords allow you to run diagnostics while looking at the engine.
- Compare a stand alone model to an OBD-II scanner that requires a laptop. Stand alone scanners may provide less information, but are portable.
- Check the scanner´s features for an ability to turn off the check engine light.
- Note whether the scanner can be updated for future.
- If you´re using a Mac, look to see if the Obd-ii scanner software is Mac compatible.
- Some scanners are compatible with the Palm or a Pocket PC, providing enhanced portability.
The VS450 VAG Can Code Reader OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner for VW/Audi is an OEM level diagnostic sacn tool for most VW/AUDIs sold worldwide since 1990. Acuurate, reliable and ease to use, the Vgate Scan VS450 is a time saver and a money maker! The NEW OBDII EOBD AUTO SCANNER includes many professional features in an inexpensive scan tool. The scan tool delivers all nine OBDII test modes, retrieving live engine datastream and parameters to enable technicians to accurately diagnose the toughest problems.
- Works with volkswagen and audi (Audi/Seat/Skoda/ etta/Golf/Beetle/Touareg/GTI/Passat and more) sold worldwide since 1990
- Reads and erases diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) of engine, ABS, airbags, transmission, radio, climate control (A/C), cent. elect., steering wheel, instruments, immobilizer, etc. (18 Systems)
- Reads and clears generic trouble codes of cars using ISO 9141-2 ("CARB"), ISO 14230 ("KWP-2000") and ISO-15765 ("CAN") protocols
- Turns off MIL lights of engine, airbags, ABS , A/T and most other systems
- C.A.N. (controller area network) capability
- Resets oil service light (depends on vehicle support)
- Retrieves vehicle information (VIN)
- Displays I/M readiness status
- Displays DTC definitions on unit screen
- Highly reliable and accurate
- Easy to use with friendly interface
- Safely communicates with the on-board computers
- Large, easy-to-read backlit LCD
- Stand-alone unit with no need for an additional laptop computer to operate
- System upgradeable via internet
- Scan Size: 17 x 8.5 x 2.5cm (L x W x H)
- weight: 528g (not included packaging)
- 1 x VS450 VAG Can Code Reader OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner for VW/Audi
- 1 x Nylon Carry Case
- 1 x user´s Manual
- 1 x OBD2 Cable